Not showing in Control Panel.

I had a problem with my printer not showing up in Control Panel.

I removed the device and then I downloaded the drives from Brother and followed instructions. I first uninstalled and then using the software from Brother reinstalled.

Then I checked in my CP and is was at first not set as default. It showed my wife's printer. I tried to undefault her print er but could not. So today when I turned on my pc the printer was no longer listed. So I uninstalled my wife's printer and started all over again. NOTHING. So I used the factory disc that came with the printer, after i ran the uninstaller, so that there would not be any problems. Again nothing there. So I am at a lost on how to correct problem.

I would say that I am a high knowledgeable pc person a few years as a IT support person.

Well I solved my own problem. I went to devices and printers in CP and at the top there is an option to add a printer. it find my printed it and everything. Man you leave the mass of IT and your mind goes fast!

Ask a Question