OCR scanning

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie with an Epson SX115 that came with ABBYY Finereader OCR on its installation disc. After reading OCR the Finereader offers me Word as the place to record the result.I don't have Microsoft Word. Nowhere else was offered. I tried to use Abiword instead but that wouldn't work. Also Open Office didn't work. If I get a different printer where will I be allowed to send the OCR scan to after reading it? I realise I can get Microsoft Word for only £10 off the net but I'm interested in this subject for other reasons, not just practical ones.

Last edited:
You can save the OCR Final to any folder on your computer.
At top of screen (on finished product) look under "File" -> Select "Save As" -> Name Your File ->
Browse for desired folder -> Click Save

You can save the OCR Final to any folder on your computer.
At top of screen (on finished product) look under "File" -> Select "Save As" -> Name Your File ->
Browse for desired folder -> Click Save
OK. Thanks but are you really sure that ABBY Finereader offers this facility? Have you tried it with Finereader?

No, I dont have OCR. Believe you must specify that the output document must be WORD .doc,
.rtf, .docx, .odt, or .txt and of course your reader application must be compatible with your choice.
WORDPAD, which is on your Windows 7 -> 10 opens most of the above files and you can massage
those documents on limited basis.
Regards

No, I dont have OCR. Believe you must specify that the output document must be WORD .doc,
.rtf, .docx, .odt, or .txt and of course your reader application must be compatible with your choice.
WORDPAD, which is on your Windows 7 -> 10 opens most of the above files and you can massage
those documents on limited basis.
Regards
That is what I think, too. Thanks for the help.

You're having trouble with your Epson printer and ABBYY Finereader OCR software. When you use the software to OCR a document, it asks you to save the output in Microsoft Word, which you don't have.

You're having trouble with your Epson printer and ABBYY Finereader OCR software. When you use the software to OCR a document, it asks you to save the output in Microsoft Word, which you don't have.
I can understand your frustration with this, but the good news is that there are many free alternatives to Microsoft Word that you can use, such as Google Docs or LibreOffice. So you should be able to save your OCR output in one of these programs instead or use a tool like smartengines.com. As for your question about getting a different printer, any printer should allow you to save OCR output to a file format such as PDF or TXT. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Ask a Question