OfficeJet K60 Carriage Jam

Hi,

I have an old HP Officejet K60 All in one that was only used a few times and then was put into storage. I recently brought it back out and tried to use it, but while trying to align cartridge the print head would move to the left then move back to the right next to the service station and would stall there for a couple of seconds while making this noise (sounds like it was trying to move, but could not) and then the print head would move to the left side and then back to the right (but not into the service station) then it stops there with a waring light blinking and beeps 3 times ("beep-beep-beep", "beep-beep-beep", "beep-beep-beep") and on the LCD screen it says "Clear Carriage Jam". I check and there was no paper jam in there. So the problem is that it would not align the cartridge because the warning of clear carriage jam keeps popping up. How can I fix this problem? or is there a way to bypass it so I could use it to print?

This printer has been in storage for a few years so I changed both ink cartridges, but now I am unable to use it because of this issue with aligning the cartridge and carriage jam. Please any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

I had a better look into my printer and saw a piece of something obstructing the print carriage from entering the service station. I touched it and it fell over and so I pick it out and it looks like a part that the printer cartridge stands on when in the service station. Took a better look inside with a flash light and it looks like the service station assembly area fell apart. There are parts broken and a spring that is not assemble but just laying around. Does anyone know where I may get written and visual instruction to open and replace that part of the service station. Thanks for any assistance.

Ask a Question