OKI C710 COLOUR LED PRINTER GHOSTING FROM BLACK DRUM

HI GUYS, I,m trying to fix my daughters OKI C710 led ptr. It had 2 faults: 1 - The black print was medium grey,
2 - It showed ghost images repeating every 87mm down page only in black.
Heres what I,ve tried: 1. cleaned all the contacts on ptr frame and cartridges.
2. cleaned led heads.
3. installed nu black toner.
4. played with black density settings.
None of these changed the fault.
5. swap black cartridge into the magenta slot and vice versa - fault followed the black cartridge and also mucked up the toner level settings.
6.installed new black print drum - this fixed the black print density fault but the ghosting with black print still remains.
7.cleaned the transfer drum.
8.swapped black and magenta drums as before but now fault does NOT appear in this configuration.
Oki tech support couldn't offer any suggestions other than to get it looked at. The 87mm repetition of print is a clue. This is the circumference of the print drum so I,m thinking the drum is not being wiped - discharged fully
by the discharge wire/roller…But it,s a new drum!!! Do I need to reset the software or sacrifice a virgin at full moon? Can anyone suggest the next move before I leap out the window?
Regards manfred PS the print count is only 3500 pages.

Ask a Question