One-Click Icon on Desktop to Scan to Network : Lexmark MX511dhe

Hello All,

I have a Lexmark MX511dhe at work and I spend a lot of time scanning documents to network (like 50-75 times a day).
I used to use the "Remote Operator Panel" from Windows. It like a virtual version of the little panel on the printer, but now that is no longer possible due to java updates, but even that was not very efficient.

So I was wondering if, instead of having to go thru all the menus on the printer screen if there was a way to have an Icon on the desktop to just click and it would scan and send it to the network drive automatically.
I would need one for just a one side of a document scan from the feeder and another icon to scan from the feeder but to scan both sides of the document.

Does anyone have any ideas if this is possible and how to do it. I spoke to the store that sold me the printer and they seem to think it was possible but didn't have a clue on how to do it.

Or alternatively, if it were to have a one-touch icon on the printer console to the same operations (instead of pressing on a bunch of icons to do one scan).

Thanks all

Ask a Question