Paper

I have a Cannon MP550, PSC, about 5 years old, and just latly the paper is either getting stuck or 2or 3 pages are going through at once,
was wondering if the rollers need replacing, is this possible? if so where do you buy new ones and can I do it???

I sent this post some time ago, but the problem I have is still happening, would it be possible that the 'rollers' which take the paper, be worn??

I was experiencing that before until now. Some other days, it works fine but there are times when it's like that again. I hope I can help you but since it's my problem too, then let's just hope someone can help us. :)))

* For my similar MP990, the print driver has a "Maintenance" tab with buttons for:
** Roller Cleaning
** Try that ... might help ... also try ...
** Bottom Plate Cleaning

* Another issue might be low humidity, causing more static electricity to cause paper to cling to each other. Is it more of an issue in dry weather?

BTW ...
* To me, your MP550 is a pretty decent printer, especially since it has semi-opaque cartridges like my MP990.

* My speculation would be that the MP550 has similar build quality to my MP990. My observation is that build-quality on the earlier CLI-8 generation printers is significantly higher.

* Also, I've noticed that the paper handling rear tray mechanism on my MP990 is inferior to my CLI-8 based printers like iP4500, MX850, MP610, and especially 9000-2.

Ask a Question