Pixma IP5000 photos suddenly too green

My Pixma IP5000 printer has done me a number of years of sterling service. I was printing some photos today and the printer reported magenta ink was out, so I replaced the cartridge.

The very next print started OK. I was printing four photos onto one sheet of A4 (ICE Professional Inkjet Photo Paper). On the first half of the page to emerge from the printer the colours looked fine but the second half of the page had a distinct green hue.

Thereafter it's just seemed to get worse. Every batch of photos I print seem more green than the previous ones. I have tried replacing every ink cartridge, one by one (must have wasted loads of cartridges today) and the replacements included cartridges from at least two different manufacturers. Not being a millionaire, I can't afford Canon OEM cartridges but I've never had problems with compatibles in the past.

I am running out of ideas. Can anyone suggest anything I can try to try to restore normal colour hues?

Keith

I would suggest giving the inkheads a thorough cleaning, alcohol does a good job - other then that it almost sounds like you've put the wrong ink cartridge into the slot or something.

Ask a Question