Pixma iP6600D scaling issue

I have had the iP6600D since 2006, and I was using it until two months ago with a 2006 iMac without any issues.

Two months ago I got a Mac-mini (Lion 10.7.4) and all of a sudden there is a scaling issue. I am certain that there was no issue until maybe two weeks ago. The printer is set to 100% in the printer setup dialog, but the actual print is scaled to about 102.6%. I have no idea why this is happening. Since I have to be able to print exactly at 100% scale, I need to find out how to fix this issue.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I have uninstalled all Canon-related software (that I could find) and installed a new Canon driver through Apple Software update.

The printer will still not print at 100% scale. In the printer setup dialog, 100% is chosen.

Please help!

Now I have installed the Canon driver again, and the problem persists.

The image is 4x6 inches at 600 ppi.
The printer is set to print at 100% at 600 ppi.
The image is a couple percent larger than it should be (ca 6.125 inches wide and proportionally higher).

It's almost as if the Canon printer does not know how long an inch is.

I now believe the scaling problem was due to a corrupt PSD file and not due to a printer problem. The printer is now again printing properly at 100% scale.

Ask a Question