Pixma iP90v - no print head

We have two laptops and one netbook all running Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate, 32 and 64 bit. One (netbook) used mainly away from home

I was able to set up my Canon Pixma iP90v to run on all three laptops. I use the printer with the netbook when theit is used away from home.

Yesterday I got the error message "Install printhead" so I fitted new cartridges but the error still persisted. I reinstalled the drivers, also without success. I get the same error on all three computers.

Any suggestions as to how I can remedy this problem?

I'm unfamiliar with the iP90v, but my impression is that it is like a Selphy, but not powered by internal batteries.

* The Canon specs indicate it has a "combined print-head + multiple dye inks" in the BCI-16 color cartridge. And a BCI-15 black cart (probably pigment ... or not?)

* Or does the iP90v use non-bubble-jet technology? (if that matters ... may not)

* Does the iP90v have a LCD screen so it can show messages, or does it depend on a "host" for the user interface?

* What happens if the iP90v is detached from the computers? Warning message on LCD, or error lights on?

* Can you do something independently from the host, like a nozzle check?

* Still under warranty?

Ask a Question