Please help me get our sales printer back up

I am setting up a network with new dell pc's running Windows 7 and an old dell 1720dn printer. I click add printer, then click add local printer; however, I have attempted to add it with both the dell enhanced tcp/ip port and with the standard tcp/ip with no results. With the dell enhanced I could not find the port name so I could not continue with that process. I just have the IP as far as I know. So then when I share with the network under the standard tcp/ip setup, it shows up under devices and printer folder. The printer and copy's of it will show up. As far as I can tell the drivers are the most up to date. I try running a print test page to errors and no avail. they fail no matter if I change the port to dell enhanced tcp/ip port in printer properties. I have spent many hours trying to look up a fix and have come up with nothing. Any advice, tips, or comments on how to get the printer to print on command will give us the ability to run sales this memorial weekend. Thank in advance for your time. I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Ask a Question