Print images onto grip tape

Hello everyone,

This is most likely my first post of many to come here on the Forums. I am looking to start up a new business, in the Scooters industry. Freestyle scootering is a sport that is really picking up all over the world, and one of the main components that every scooter needs is a good sheet of griptape. Similar to the grip tape that you would find on the deck of a skateboard.

What I am hoping to be able to provide, is a business where customers can send in their own custom designs, and I can then print them onto the sheet of grip tape, and sell that to the customer. We would also have our own custom designs. However, currently this is only done in the skateboarding industry, however the grip tape is all the same. They are keeping their grip tape printer machine models very close to the chest, as expected.

I was simply wondering if anyone here would have any insight on a machine that would be able to print images onto grip tape. If you don't know what grip tape is, think of a sandpaper like material. I have found some machines in China, but I wanted to at least reach out here before spending such an amount of money on a questionable machine.

I understand this is probably far out of some of your wheelhouses, but if you can help out in any way I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your time

Print on grip tape? Have no idea what's that.But maybe can try to print on labels. and then paste on grip tape??

Please give your thread a suitable title next time.

edit (Ian): Title fixed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question