Print Issues

Yes, I have a printer in my office at work. It prints but the paper has all kind of black ink spread across the right side of the paper. I have tried cleaning every place I could get to. I have put a new cartridge in. I am trying not to chunk it. Since I just paid $37 for a new Toner Cartridge.
I am at home. So, I don't have my model # with me. Is there some basic things I can do to try and fix this. Are will I need the model # to get any kind of advice?
Thanks for any help :p Christi

Hi tru2au:

Check this three factors below:
1.) Check your fuser if it's working properly. Rub off the prints of your freshly printed page. If it fades or rubs off, the problem is your fuser then.
2.) Check if your toner cartridge is leaking. You will know this once you change your cartridge and you could see toner spots and dots appear on the paper. If you already confirmed this problem, it should be replaced at once because this can cause problem to the whole printer.
3.) Check if your printer path is dirty. If it is, then start removing your toner cartridge and set it aside first. Use a cloth to clean the interior of the printer.

Ask a Question