Printer and Ink Help

Hello-
I'm new here... I had an Epson Artisan 810 that lasted for a bit over 5 yrs. and it quit. I had installed an Ink Products CISS on it and it worked fine. I don't know if a firmware update sneaked in, or what. Message just said it doesn't recognize cartridges- even with new chips installed.
I went out and bought a new Epson Workforce WF-3640 and it lasted just shy of 2 yrs. I used one round of Epson carts in it and then switched to Cartridge World carts. They have a store just up the road. It worked fine during the first set, and then started printing terribly- broken nozzle patterns, streaked black and graphics, etc. Tried cleaning cycles- no help. Then tried the paper towel, diluted Windex under the printhead, and that didn't help. Sooo, we took the print head out and flushed each port with a syringe and hot Windex, followed by this Ink Products pink surfactant chemical. Still broken patterns. Finally, we removed and disassembled printhead and got it really clean. Flushed with syringe and determined it has a great spray pattern with no clogged jets.
Haven't tried it yet, but want to go and buy Epson genuine carts first.
I don't think the printhead is burned out, as there are no codes and it does at least print a broken nozzle check.
Everywhere I research people say stay away from Epsons- they're junk. When they work, they work good.
I need recommendations for a similar AIO inkjet printer, and one that works good with alternative inks and also with a CISS.
Also, who makes a good CISS and inks?... I'm done dealing with those rude people at Ink Products.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Regards-
tim

Ask a Question