Printer disappears

Every Day my printers disappear under printers & faxes and I need to run the following procedure to activate these

1) Go to start
2) Select all programs
3) Select Accesories
4) Select command prompt-When this appears I type in 'Net start Spooler" . A message will come up informing me that this was successful

How can I resolve the problem of ensure that the printers do not disapper from my PC under "printers & Faxes" I am using Windows XP

Your assistance in this regard will be most appreciated

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer ?

It is likely that your computer have traces of the old printer driver and is causing a conflict or for the device to work incorrectly of become unresponsive. Do this remove all the printer drivers by going in control panel and select the 'Add/Remove Program'. Once they are all removed, unplug USB cable from the printer and power on the printer. Do a fresh install and re-connect the USB cable only when the program tells you. Let the program finish setup and reboot the computer. Windows will find the new hardware. It should work now. If not, then bring the printer back to the shop where you bought it.

Ask a Question