printer goes offline?

Hi all. This is driving me up the wall :mad: so I hope someone here can help....
I have just bought a Dreamagic Nail Printer (I'm a nail tech). The actual printer is a Lenovo 3000 series, I am using Windows Vista. Printer status shows as "ready", and it is set as the default printer. The problem is that as soon as I press the "print" button, the printer status changes to "offline". Happens everytime. Sometimes, switching the printer off and back on will reset the status, but same thing when I press "print". Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. But I have installed it on my laptop which runs on Windows 7, and here I don't get that problem, even though its not supposed to be compatible with 7 - but the camera doesn't work on 7 so still can't say if it would work :rolleyes:
One thing that I wondered about is the fact that there is no black ink cartridge in. The whole thing came with just one coloured cartridge, and it states this in the manual, no mention of a black one. Saying that, no errors are popping up to mentioning the ink
:confused:
Can anyone shed any light on this before I completely mad!!
:)
Chrissie x

printer going offline: solved

just in case anyone else is having simliar problems - XP is what's needed.
problems sorted :D

Ask a Question