Printer Help!

I am looking for some advice about printer buying after a number of confusing shopping trips, being told different advice in every shop!! I previously had a Samsung C480FW Colour Laser, which has gone back due to paper jamming (even on A4 plain paper).

I am wanting to print onto cardstock (possibly up to 300gsm) and there was no way the laser was going to do it. I have been told I need a manual or top feed printer so the card isn't trying to bend around rollers which makes sense. However I have then been recommended Canon or Epson both of which are brilliant photo printers but are an inkjet. My worry then is that inks will soak into card and won't give me a good finish. However I have also been advised that inkjet printers now out perform lasers!?

I don't have great deal to spend on a printer as it is for a start up home business so any advice would be great, as am currently back at square one with all the advice.

I would also need one with a scanner, but no need for fax.

Ask a Question