printer installs copy(1)

Hi I have a brother all in one MCF-j470dw, I have it installed to 2 different laptops both wireless, both dell windows 10 laptops, one works fine, the other one for some reason lost the original printer from devices and printers section now there is only a copy(1) there. I've tried uninstalling everything I can think of including whats listed in device manager but whenever I reinstall the printer it automatically only installs the printer copy(1) no original printer, so every time I try to print it seems to be looking for the original printer and even though I have the copy(1) set as default I have to manually choose the copy(1) to print anything, this is probably not a printer problem because the other laptop works fine but hoping someone might be able to get me some advice, or has seen this before?

Sounds suspiciously similar to my problem, ("My computer won't talk to my printer".) Looking at the other posts in the forum, they have all had lots of views but very few have answers. Hope we buck the trend and get some help. Fingers crossed.

Ask a Question