Printer recommendation for home use

I don't print color very often. The few $100 printers I've had always seen to need ink even though I only print a few pages a month. My current Epson always prints like it needs a head cleaning. Is is possible the ink in the printer is drying out since I don't use it much?

I mostly print list type documents and shipping labels.

I'd Like to spend $100, but I'll spend $200 if the printer will work for me.

I don't print color very often. The few $100 printers I've had always seen to need ink even though I only print a few pages a month. My current Epson always prints like it needs a head cleaning. Is is possible the ink in the printer is drying out since I don't use it much?

If you don't use printer that often then yes the ink at the cartridge opening is drying out. What I suggest is when you go to use your printer do a test printing first. If equipped do a deep head cleaning before as well. As far as using the printer maybe just once a week print something even if you don't intend to keep it just to keep the ink at the opening fresh. If you don't want to waste any ink then the only other way is to remove cartridges and place them in zip lock and remove any air in bag. If you don't need colored ink then a laser printer will probably be better for you. Most laser printers don't do color printing and the ink is basically a toner so it doesn't dry out like ink does.

If you don't use printer that often then yes the ink at the cartridge opening is drying out. What I suggest is when you go to use your printer do a test printing first. If equipped do a deep head cleaning before as well. As far as using the printer maybe just once a week print something even if you don't intend to keep it just to keep the ink at the opening fresh. If you don't want to waste any ink then the only other way is to remove cartridges and place them in zip lock and remove any air in bag. If you don't need colored ink then a laser printer will probably be better for you. Most laser printers don't do color printing and the ink is basically a toner so it doesn't dry out like ink does.
Thank you. I may look into a laser printer.

Hello John ,
I came across your question . I will suggest you to go with Epson but you have Epson printer already the next alternative will be HP printer you have lots of models in HP printers .HP Laser jet printers are the best suit for you at this moment . You can print , scan all the documents you need

Ask a Question