Printer Recommendation

Hello all,

First of all I hope that this is the right place to ask for a recommendation for a printer. If it's not please let me know and I'll fix up my mistake.

I am hoping that some friendly and knowledgeable people might be able to point me in the right directions - there's a lot of printers, ink and paper out there.

I would like to buy an inkjet printer so that I can make my own artist books at home. These books are usually 16 printed pages (at most) and I hand finish and hand bind them.

Some ideal requirements:

1. Can print up to A3 size (a must)
2. Can print duplex (a must)
3. Efficient use of ink (I print almost exclusively black and white)
4. Can accept a range of papers (ideally anywhere from newspaper weight 45gsm up to card at around 250gsm)
5. Is available in Australia for less than $1000 (ideally much less, but hey, let's see what happens)

I'm not necessarily interested in the best printer of all time - just a good, solid, economical performer that allows me to make things and enjoy the process.

If anything jumps out to you let me know, and if there's anything I can't have without paying more or learning mroe I'd appreciate the reality check.

you need some heavy duty printer for that much of work, i recommend you to buy brother printer, they are reliable and efficient for commercial purpose printing too.

Ask a Question