Printers That Do Not Shut Off Based On Page Count???

My Brother color laser has developed a problem with the black exposure drum and it is also at the point where it will need a complete set of color toner cartridges. Based on its years in service, I plan to retire it and put the money that I would have spent on repairing it toward a new printer.

I am not sure yet what that new printer will be but the one thing I do know is that it won’t be another Brother. It was a good printer but I am never going to fight the battle again with having to play games to make the toner cartridges still print after they have reached some arbitrary page count which stops the printer from printing. I cannot believe how many more pages I was able to print after I used tape and reset the counter wheel on the each cartridge.

My question is, which manufacturers make printers that allow the user to determine when a toner cartridge is no longer functional, or put another way, which manufacturers try to force you to buy expendable supplies before their end of life by using built in page counters or similar methods?

I did a search here but did not find where this question was asked before. My apologies if it was.

Does it have to be a colour laser printer ? They're not the best for colour. Any inkjet printer (except Epson) will let you carry on printing until it falls to pieces..

Ask a Question