Printing to exact location

Hello,

I run a small freelance video business and after I finish the duplication of DVD's I print out stick on labels. The issue I have is about 50 percent of the time The prints are off and I end up having to throw away the label as well as waste ink. I am using photoshop and have all the setting right for the canvas and have messed with the printing settings. I have had the most success with borderless.

My question is can it be the printer I am using? So far I have used the HP officejet 4215 and the HP officejet 4500, both giving me the same issues.

If it is, what printer would you recommend?

Frustrating ....
I don't have much experience with what you are doing, so "consider the source". I have tried to make Avery labels that are about 1.5" by 3", and it took a while to consistently get them on the sheet ok.

* Are the labels on the sheet by themselves? Or multiples per sheet, like Avery Labels.
* Most printers I'm aware of can only reliably handle a certain minimal size, and have problems with smaller paper.
* Their "grip rollers" are designed for not much smaller than 4" x 6".
* Also, any printer will have "slop" in their paper handling, especially general purpose, non-professional printers.
* My experience is that if I "snug up" the paper guides too much, I'll get paper binding and possibly mis-feeds.

Ask a Question