Prtr won't print wirelessly when puter on WiFi internet

I have an Epson XP-640 All-in-one printer. My OS Is Windows 10.

When I am at home, I use a phone line for my internet access and a router for wireless printing.

I am now on the road and am using WiFi for internet access. If activate my router and try to connect to my printer, I get "cannot connect".

My printer has a "direct" feature and I can set up a direct connection between printer and computer, except when I am using WiFi for internet, then I get an error message and nothing prints, A couple times, when I tried printing, the "direct" feature worked, but it disconnectd my WiFi connection. I wasn't able to consistently repeat this condition.

I tried contacting Epson Technical Support, but they aren't any help. They took me through a "scripted" remove and replace procedure that changed nothing.

I ended up using a USB cable 'twixt puter & prtr. What's going on here?

To print wirelessly, my printer needs to be on the same network as my computer.

Here on the Oregon coast, I'm using the RV park's WiFi system. I was able to get my printer connected to that network, but it appears that the router is blocking print queues.

The only way to use my printer here is to attach a USB cable and the printer Is working just fine.

Ask a Question