Quick Dry, Professional Standard and Portable

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and new to print technology - so please go easy on me. I need a reliable printer that can print out quick dry fast prints to use at events. There will be a high volume of postcard size prints printed out in close succession so it needs to be fast and solid. It needs to be portable and a decent enough standard to look good but not on the fine art end...

Any suggestions on what to look like?

Twinkle:)

Some questions:
* How mobile are the events? AC power available? Battery powered printer? Perhaps an inverter from your car battery? Printer inside or "out in the elements"?

* How much is "a high volume of postcard size prints"? What kind of time-frame? On-demand within minutes, or over-night ok? Or "come back at the end of the day to pick up your print(s) and make the final payment"?

* How much is your budget for the supplies (ink + paper) compared to what you charge?

* I don't have experience with battery powered Canon-Selphy-like printers. My impression is that the devices are relatively inexpensive, but supplies are high. Also, very low speed. But I'm ignorant about them, so "consider the source".

Ask a Question