Recommend me a good printer that conserves ink (will be used mainly for color photos)

Hello everyone my name is Tony,

I'm looking into purchasing a new printer. It'd be great to have a Printer/Scanner, i would like the best bang for the buck!!!... I am a grapchic designer/artist and need this printer to print samples of my work for my portfolio. I'd like something that has great Quality, but in the same time something that conserves ink. This printer will be for home use. I currently have an "MP 1500 Cannon Printer" and it recently gave up on me it lasted me 4years. feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks!

P.s. "Ink that cost the lowest but last the longest along with that, great in Quality!
Thanks Much!!!

Hello Tony,
Kodak are really pushing their printers as being great value for money, and in comparison to other manufacturers their genuine replacement cartridges do work out very cost effective.
However if you are looking to use a printer for proffessional purposes Canon really do offer a great range of printers, to suit all budgets and are releasing several new models during the 1st quarter of this year.

Hope you find this useful.

P.s. if you do end up needing ink or cartridge supplies, Selectafont offer good prices.

Yes, I had good results from Epson...but the ink was expensive!
Epson had some kind of problem where they were giving USA customers money back on a Class Action thing, but when I called Epson in Canda, they said it did not apply to Canadian customers. The only reason I got rid of my Epson printer was due to the cost of ink cartridges. Otherwise it printed well.

We supply ink to plenty of photo printing professionals. The choice of brand is definitely Epson.... Kodak are also OK, but the cartridges are not as easy to find as the other brands.
My recommendation would be to have a look at the price of the cartridge compared to the yield (number of pages that it can print). Don't get caught out by purchasing a printer that costs plenty to keep running. Also purchase a printer with separate coloured ink tanks, not the tri-colour tanks. This will give you better bang for buck and better quality.

Regards,

INK HOUSE

Last edited:
I could not suggest any specific printer yet because you didn't thoroughly specify your printing needs. There are factors to check when you buy a new printer so make sure you Google them first.

Ask a Question