Refilled HP901 does not work on HP4500

Hi,

First, I have been refilling my printer drums for years. I can easily refill the HP901 drum with a syringe until I see the ink wetting the print head.

But when I put it back in the printer, it just doesn't work, as if I hadn't refilled it ! If it install a brand new drum, it works all fine. Arghhh !

So, I suspect some kind of a "smart drum" suicide after some time, or low ink level. I searched the web about resetting a counter. Some talk about a Microchip EEPROM (93cxx or 24cxx* chips). So, I opened up the drum, and found mostly empty space, but no chip. I didn't break the bottom part, close to the print head and the flexible PCB.

I am an electronician, so I can "talk" to serial EEPROMs if any. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, no answer...

I found a video where they use a "refill clip" to suck the ink through the print head to remove air bubbles. It is what I need ? The thing is that this small plastic part costs 12 EUR (8 USD) !

www inkfilling.net/refill-clip-a-for-hp-cartridges.html
www youtube.com/watch?v=MPi2GqJg5QM

Put a dot after the www in place of the space.

Refilled HP901 does not work on HP4500 [SOLVED]

That was it : air bubbles in the print head. How I solved it was the hard way : I put the print head in my mouth and sucked hard (hey ! nothing sexual !). The ink eventually came out through the print head, and that was it !

I was lucky not to end up painted in black, so perhaps it's worth buying the 12EUR clip.

That was it : air bubbles in the print head. How I solved it was the hard way : I put the print head in my mouth and sucked hard (hey ! nothing sexual !). The ink eventually came out through the print head, and that was it !

I was lucky not to end up painted in black, so perhaps it's worth buying the 12EUR clip.

did this work? as i am having the same problem with the hp 901. i fill it up and after a day it stops printing

many thanks

Ask a Question