Refilling the ink cartridge is a risk that i must assume?

Hi,

Long time ago i had an HP PSC 1510 printer which i refilled it's cartridges. The worse news was that my printer was over. The interior was full of ink and the cartridge or was leaking or clogged, or the ink was getting dry. After that i realized that the respective ink was for Lexmark printers.(I asked for HP ink and i received this ink).Since that i make up a bad impression about refilling and i bought a Canon PIXMA MP550 (HP was also defect and wasn't getting the paper normally). But the price is very attractive if i refill by my own, but i don't want to experience the same with my new printer.
Although i haven't seen and heard about Canon ink which can be bought separately, i ask you:
1. Even if i refill it is recommended to do at the original Canon cartridge or to a compatible cartridge with the same brand with the refill ink?(here appears the problem with the viscosity of the ink which i think it is responsible for the mess from my old HP, because the cartridge or was leaking or was getting dry and clogged). The sponge from the inside of the cartridge can lose its property of absorbing optimal the ink within years?
2. I saw many solutions to clear the clogged cartridges. From here can appear the problems with the clogged/leaking cartridges and the sprinkled printer? It represents a risk that i must assume if i refill my ink cartridges?

Thank you anticipated!

Ask a Question