Replacing the deskjet 990

"We are still pleased with the 990 but Costco no longer carries either the black or color ink so it's time for a current model. The saving on ink pay for the printer quickly.

I had initially asked this ? on the HP forum and was suggested the 6840 but it was hard to find given age.

Subsequently 3 printers were suggested: Deskjet 6940, Officejet Pro 8000 and Officejet 6000.

I posted the following information that I had determined in my research regarding these printers and haven't heard back. I'd appreciate if someone here has some + or - input regarding these or other relevant choices. The key is that I do not need nor want a multipurpose machine since we just don't need the functions. I would rather have 2 input trays if anything were to change.

"It would be nice to have 2 inputs (legal and letter) which the 8000 appears to have. However, the approval of the machine on Amazon wasn't as good as the 6940 and some fellow complained that the machine determines when cartridges need replacing and wouldn't print unless they were replaced. But more importantly he said that the machine decided all cartridges needed replacing at the same time which would defy probability. Do you have any knowledge regarding these complaints?

The comments on the 6000 were that it's relatively slow and it doesn't have wireless (not necessary but nice) or a second tray so I'll exclude it.

Does the 6940 employ the same machine cartridge change determination as the 8000?"​

Thanks,

Mark

Ask a Question