Ricoh 7502 Series Scan file name

Hi everyone,

I am a system administrator for an airline company and i we have a few Ricoh printers in our buildings.
We do have support with them, but more for the physical printer issues.

We just this 'new' printer. A Ricoh Aficio MP 7502.

We use the Scan to email funtion as well as scan to folder.
All works great, but we have an issue with the file names.

ALL other Ricoh printers we have in our company ( they range from very old to brand new models)_ are function the same.
When i file is scanned it gives it a default name of the date and time followed by a random 4 digit code.

This new printer is not giving us the random digit code at the end and according to a help article i found, it should..

"If [Add Date&Time] is specified, scanned files are given file names that contain the scan date and time, a four-digit page number, and the specified text string."

First - I dont see this option to Add Date&Time
Second - As shown below the default name of the printer is not giving us a random number at the end.

we need this random number because users will scan multiple files to email, and then move into a folder or scan to the folder.
Without the random digits at the end, the file names will be the same because its not showing the Seconds in the file name..

All the settings match other printers.

Example :
Good Printer file name - 20180321080451878
New printer file name - 201804161748

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question