Ricoh Aficio SP 3410SF - No paper movement

My printer has suddenly developed this problem.

When I attempt to use the copy function, the copy feeder / scanner seem to work properly, but nothing else happens (no "warming up" of the print engine, no indication of any attempt to feed paper, nothing prints). The printer displays no error / warning message.

(FWIW, paper is loaded, the cartridge is correctly installed and I think OK, and nothing is jammed in the print train).

(When I attempt to send output from a computer to the printer, I get a "processing" message on the printer, but no sign of activity after that.)

For the moment, I'm focusing on the copy issue, thinking that resolving it will address the print issue.

I've powered the printer off / on to see if that clears the problem, but no dice. I have not attempted to reset the printer to factory defaults or anything like that.

Any suggestions / guidance on what I should look at?

Thanks you in advance for any help!

Please disregard - changing the cartridge resolved the problem - I should have done that before asking here

Ask a Question