Samsung ML-2510 toner

The toner that came with the printer is supposed to print approximately 1,000 pages, I only got 300 copies. I called Samsung and was told there was nothing they could do because it was out of warranty. I sent them the page that showed I only printed 300 pages and have not heard back. I did a google search on Samsung and found many dreadful complaints. I bought this laser printer because I don't print often and the ink in injet printers dry out. The toner is made of powder. I am going to try shaking it to see if this helps. Do you agree that this is a defective toner? Secondly, what are your thoughts on purchasing a generic toner? Any recommendations on internet stores to purchase these from?

Thanks,
Karina

I agree that if you only got 300 pages out of your toner then something must be wrong, however the problem with page yields is that they are an approximate number at 5% average coverage usually. So it depends on what you were printing? how long did you have the toner for? Usual warranty is about a yr or so on ink and toners depending on the company. In terms of compatibles the prices always helps and if you are generally printing standard documents then the comps should be fine, obviously you might get a defected one from time to time but this is a problem using comps.

Furthermore compatible toners often have a much higher yield than than the genuine toners. If you purchase from a reputable online retailer, even if you do get a defective compatible toner, they should offer a guarantee and replace it without fuss.

Definitely something wrong there I think, Most inkjet cartridges do more than 300 pages... and toner cartridges have a much higher page yield (will print more pages).

And as jimtonic states generic toners are fine aslong as you check the retailer out first.

I musiclover the toner that comes with a brand new printer is not 100% full. They are usually about 50% full. You can tell by the weight itself. If you are ever in a computer store again pick up the toner that goes with the printer and a toner that they have in rack. You will notice that the one in the rack is much heavier :D

Ask a Question