Samsung ML-2950 Ethernet connection

The ML-2950 has worked great for 5 years+. Last week got a Hitron combo modem/router and reset my ethernet LAN. Everything works fine except ML-2950. I am semi-professional and familiar with ethernet protocol. Regardless of what I do I cannot get my LAN to "see" the printer. I have downloaded all new drivers, no change. Using the Samsung "SetIP" app I can see and talk with the printer, change IP address etc. with no problem so the cable is good as is the NiC in the printer. I have manually set up the printer driver to match the net config of the printer (Mac address, IP, Subnet mask, Gateway) as a static connection. No problem making the changes with the SetIP app. However it simply refuses to communicate on the LAN. Thinking there might be a conflict problem with MS Home network, I stripped all that out including the two apps which run the Home network. No difference. The only way I can contact the printer is either with through the USB port or the SetIP app. I also tried to set up wireless but again get the error can not connect to printer. I have no problem with an Epson WF printer on the same LAN. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks, Cal

To Forum members. I finally found the problem using Windows ping and changing variables. Turns out I had a bad gateway address. Don't know how it happened but now fixed. Cal

Ask a Question