Sheet feed small sizes

Hi have an Epson 3880 and have just purchased a Epson SC P800. When installing the P800, it updated the printer drivers for the 3880 at the same time.

So, now using up-to-date drivers I can no longer print velvet fine art papers in the small A5 and A6 sizes using the top sheet feeder. I used to be able to do this on the 3880, but now when you select A5 or A6 sizes, it won't give you the option to select Velvet Fine Art as the media type. To get that paper type (that's the recommended paper type for the paper I'm using), you have to select Roll Feed or Front Fine Art loading - BUT - the paper is too small to load at the front or the rear. And even if you could front or rear load, having to manually feed each sheet when you're doing 30-40 size print run would be a royal pain in the ass.

I can get around it by selecting Archival Matt as the paper type, but I do a LOT of printing and it's important to get the quality right using the right profiles and the right media types. Is there any solution to this problem other than selecting the wrong media type for the paper I'm using?

Why when for years the printer was perfectly happy to load small sheets of fine art paper through the top sheet feeder tray did they go and change the blooming drivers! I do load A4 (and up) sizes using the front or rear feeders, but any smaller and it's just not possible. It HAS to be the top feeder.

Ask a Question