Size of scanned images

This is something I have seen with various Model Brother MFC models.
We have an OCR system that reads bar codes off of scanned images. The users print off these bar code pages and then add them to the documents to be scanned and the OCR will read the bar codes and file the following pages according to the bar code. This means that the pages have to be scanned at 200dpi and on letter paper. However when users scan with the borther MFC scanners the OCR can not find or read the bar codes. I think it is because the bar codes are Not where the system expects them to be. The OCR system looks in specific points on the page . So many pixels over and so many pixels down the page etc...

With every other scanner we use a letter size page at 200DPI scans at 2200x1700 pixels. with Brother scanners the size is 1653 by 2130 or so. Since the total number of pixels is different this means that the OCR is not lookin where the bar code is.

The only explanation I can think of is that the Compressed TIF image uses packbits instead of CCITT and that is causing the issue. Is there anyway to set CCITT compression?

In order to increase performance and reduce space we have a limit of 100k per page of scanned document so compression is a requirement.

Ask a Question