Software update 02-Aug-2022 disruptive

Just now I ran the recommended update from Epson for our ET-3850 printer, following which scanning failed repeatedly.

Background: wirelessly connected to a Lenovo Windows 11 laptop, had been working prior to the update, printer was online prior to the update, ran updates for the 3 components suggested.

At first when I tried to initiate a scan from the laptop, it said it was unable to connect and gave me the LAN IP address it had for the printer. A ping returned device unreachable. Tried rebooting the printer, initiated a scan, sacnned 1.5 our of 3 pages and just stopped. The computer app said there was a paper jam. I cleared the page that was half way through and didn't appear to be jammed, reloaded the document and tried to restart the scan. It still complained about a paper jam although there was no paper anywhere in the scanner path.

Eventually I rebooted both my computer and the scanner was finally able to successfully scan the documents.

It is possible that somewhere in that readme that you have to accept - which honestly I never read - it said that you have to reboot after the software update. If that's the case, I would suggest that Epson make it clearer, probably prior to running the update.

Ask a Question