Spattering surrounding print area.

Hi,
I have an epson 4880pro large format printer, i have used it to print onto film rolls for over 4 years now (i am a screen printer, so this is the only thing I use this printer for) however recently it has started to get a spatter down the side of each print which has started to increase and interfere with my film positives.

I noticed when I printed a 'circular' shaped film the spatter followed the curve of the circle rather than just being down each 'edge' of the film which means it isn't the rollers.

I have changed the maintenance tank and this has reduced it but not stopped it from happening and my main concern is that the maintenance tank didn't really need changing, it probably had another 6months+ left in it, so not sure why that's helped.

Any information on what could be causing this would be great or if there are any other people that have experienced/are experiencing this and could let me know a fix for it! (I have performed power cleaning, head cleaning etc etc)

Thanks, please see attached photos below of black ink spatter on the left and right edge of a 432mm film roll (I cut the middle out). The more 'regulated' spatter is on the left hand side of the print area every time, and the more varied spatter is always on the right side of the print area.

Left hand side;
IMG_6161.jpg

Right hand side;
IMG_6166.jpg

Ask a Question