Sublimation printing on HD 15000

Hi - fairly new to home printing so any help on this appreciated...

My girlfriend and I want to start selling printed products. I want to sell high-quality digital art prints up to A3, she wants to get a heat press for applying designs to things like plates, mugs and coasters.

We know we need sublimation paper for the heat press transfers, but I found out earlier you also need sublimation ink AND a printer that's capable of taking it.

Up to this point when we were looking at printers for just art printing only (thinking we could use the same for the sublimation prints) we've considered either the Expression Photo HD 15000 or the Eco Tank 7750.

I've seen on some sites the 15000 is also listed as a sublimation printer, but I can't find details on Epson's site about this and how it works.

So, my question is: How does it work if you want to use the same printer for standard inkjet printing plus printing with sublimation ink? Are there kits that make swapping the ink types over easy? Is it a risk to keep doing this - for example if we're switching between art prints and sublimation prints day in day out. Is there a lot of cleaning involved between changing inks? Should we just buy two printers? Have I totally misunderstood? :D

Any advice welcome or if there are better printers to consider for this dual use.

Thanks!

Ask a Question