Toner refill without gears/chip

Hi, I have a Brother mono laser which has a handy setting in the HTML interface to tell the printer to always continue printing no matter the toner state. This means I can take out the toner, fill it up, and chuck it back in without messing with gears or chips and it keeps right on printing. I've done 2 years and nearly 15000 pages with one toner cartridge so far and I'm very happy with this setup.

Now I'm looking for a colour duplex laser and ideally I'd like the same simplicity. Does anyone know of a colour laser printer which can be refilled without chips/gears? Or does anyone know if Brother colour laser printers have the same setting in their HTML interface? I've also posted a similar question in the Brother printers forum asking owners if they'll check for me, but I thought I'd ask here too in case someone knows already. :)

Does anyone know of a colour laser printer which can be refilled without chips/gears?

-As far as I know, there's none. Commercially, people buy reset chips for their cartridges to allow continual refilling.

Ask a Question