Toshiba 3530c Random Print Jobs

Hello everyone,

For the past few weeks we've been having an odd problem. Our Toshiba eStudio 3530c keeps printing like 10-15 pages of random characters. Generally the first line or two of the page has random characters and the rest is blank.

From a little googling, I found that this generally relates to driver issues. I checked our print server and lo and behold, we have eStudio 4520 drivers instead of 3530c. So I corrected that, pushed out the new drivers and nothing changed.

I connected a hub between the printer and our switch and ran wireshark overnight and found that almost everyone's computers in our engineering department are sending UDP packets that appear like print jobs at the time that this occurs.

This doesn't make a lot of sense because the print jobs all occur at the same time. So I struggle to believe that the print jobs originate from the computers instead of the printer.

In the print log, we get entries for these prints that have no User no description and only a time stamp.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Ask a Question