unwanted one note

I use a new Toshiba computer and an Epson WF2540 printer. Since ONE NOTE showed it's ugly face I can no longer print. I click on print, WF2540 series, the printer states "send to One Note". One Note is a file where whatever I want to print goes to. I use windows 8.1. Both my computer and printer are compatible with windows 8.1 I have troubleshooted everywhere I could think of with no solution. Uninstalling One Note would cause more problems. Any way to bypass One Note?

I came across this, I hope it helps you with your trouble :)

On any edition of Windows 7, do the following:

On the Windows taskbar, click the Start button.
On the right side of the Start menu, click Control Panel.
When Control Panel opens, click View Devices and Printers (if you’re in Category view) or click Devices and Printers (if you’re in Icon view).
Right-click the printer icon that represents your physical printer, and then click Set as Default Printer on the shortcut menu.

If you’re using Windows Vista, the steps are nearly identical:

On the Windows taskbar, click the Start button.
On the right side of the Start menu, click Control Panel.
When Control Panel opens, click Printer (if you’re in Category view) or click Printers (if you’re in Classic view).
Right-click the printer icon that represents your physical printer, and then click Set as Default Printer on the shortcut menu.

If you do not see an icon for your actual printer, it’s likely that your printer is not correctly installed. Check the printer manufacturer’s website for any updated drivers that are specific to your version of Windows (for example, a 64-bit edition of Windows) and make sure that the printer is properly connected to your computer.

Don’t be hatin’!

Even if you had a bad first impression of the OneNote print driver hogging all of your print jobs, don’t be too quick to dismiss it even after you demote it from being your default “printer.” You might be surprised how useful it is to have the ability to print certain information right into OneNote.

Although digital printouts in OneNote are image files that you can’t edit, you can right-click such images in OneNote 2010 and extract the text from them with the Copy Text from Picture command. As long as the text in the image is large enough and legible, this works really well. You can then paste and use the copied text into your notes or elsewhere in your work.

When you’re properly introduced to it, the OneNote print driver is a pretty cool feature! ;-)

Remember, whenever you have a technical support issue, head on over to Microsoft Answers — the official Support forums for OneNote and Office. It is monitored daily by knowledgeable and helpful members of the Microsoft MVP community, Microsoft Support, and the Office product teams.

– Michael C. Oldenburg

Ask a Question