USB issue with HP P1102e

I am at my wits end!

I have had my P1102w laser jet for three years. I moved to a new windows pc two months ago. It connected fine to it and ran wireless connections. Last Wednesday our power was knocked out by a storm for a few seconds. Since then my print jobs would get stuck in the queue. I uninstalled the program and drivers, deleted and reinstalled USB ports. I keep gettin stuck when downloading the software/driver package from the HP website. It asks me to plug the printer in to USB port. Which I did. I have restarted the printer and computer and even bought a new USB A/B cable. It still does not see it connected. Vista sees the USB port and says unable to install HP smart Install. In order to delete and reinstall the HP Smart Install I have to have the printer hooked up to USB ( which of course it refuses to see). I have tried all five USB ports with my printer and no be work. But my wireless mouse will work in all of them. My printer will print a diagnostic page but no pages from my computer. I have ran out of ideas. Can anyone help? I love my laserjet. I want it back!

Thank you. Ann

Ask a Question