Want to buy just a desktop printer...not an all-in-one...help!

I have an Epson Perfection V800 Scanner and an HP Envy 5661 All-in-one Printer/Scanner. When both are connected I cannot get my scanning software to work. The drivers seem to conflict. I use the Epson scanner for finer work than the HP scanner can give me...plus the HP scanner side of this does not work reliably AT ALL...I am always going through the scan doctor software which takes too much time and is a pain. Not sure why it doesn't work but I do not even want to bother using the HP Envy any more.

So I am looking for just a printer to use with my desktop. Mostly for basic stuff. I do not need photo quality like for making prints for sale or framing.

Thanks for any opinions on printers to look for.

Thanks ruffin. Looks pretty good. Why are there so few stand alone printers. Everything is all-in-one. I always remember when people would buy a tv with a built in tape deck and radio. Most of the time only one or two of the three components worked.

Ask a Question