Wanted: a printer that just prints

Does anyone know of a $100-price-range inkjet printer that just prints when you send it something from the PC? What I mean is: I don't want it to sit there cleaning itself, priming its ink, aligning its heads .. or do anything other than print. Not before or not after a page, either, I might add.

Simply put: I want it to immediately start printing ... and give me the page as soon as possible.

In the 1990s, all inkjet printers worked the way I'm describing. I had both an HP P1000 Photo Printer and an HP 932C. They were great printers. You could actually tell them when to perform the above maintenance cycles.

Now, all the so-called "smart" printers think they know what they should do ... but they're completely paranoid that they might print a less-than-perfect page. Well, I don't care about the perfect part. I don't even want the printer to tell me it might be out of ink. I just want the page. If there's something wrong with it, I'll make a change and reprint it. As is, these printers are interrupting my work flow and it's no longer acceptable.

So, does anyone know of such a printer? I will appreciate any suggestions.

Ask a Question