WF-3620 feeds OK then says jam

During power-up process my 3620 says, "preparing"; runs the top feeder; feeds a sheet all the way through from the bottom tray and spits it out; then says fix paper jam, but if I put a sheet in the top/lid feeder it doesn't grab it even if I try to help it.

I also have a 3540, so I was going to swap tops. There is an extra 3-pin connector with gray and black wires in the 3620 lid harness. One wire was broken like it got caught in the gears. Appears to be no receptacle for it. 3540 doesn't have that connector and a simpler gear train so I didn't go through with the swap.

Where are the paper sensors located in this thing?

Are these symptoms an obvious telltale for the fix?

During power-up process my 3620 says, "preparing"; runs the top feeder; feeds a sheet all the way through from the bottom tray and spits it out; then says fix paper jam, but if I put a sheet in the top/lid feeder it doesn't grab it even if I try to help it.

I also have a 3540, so I was going to swap tops. There is an extra 3-pin connector with gray and black wires in the 3620 lid harness. One wire was broken like it got caught in the gears. Appears to be no receptacle for it. 3540 doesn't have that connector and a simpler gear train so I didn't go through with the swap.

Where are the paper sensors located in this thing?

Are these symptoms an obvious telltale for the fix?
Based on the information provided, it seems that the paper-handling issues you're experiencing with your 3620 printers are not directly related to the harness. Instead, they may be caused by a paper jam or a malfunctioning paper sensor. The fact that the printer feeds a sheet from the bottom tray and spits it out, followed by a paper jam message, suggests that there may be a blockage or misalignment in the paper path. The inability of the top/lid feeder to grab a sheet could be indicative of a faulty paper sensor or a problem with the feeding mechanism.

According to the details you've provided, it appears that the problems you're encountering with your 3620 printers aren't specifically linked to the harness. Instead, they could be attributed to issues like paper jams or malfunctioning paper sensors. The scenario where the printer takes a sheet from the lower tray and then ejects it, followed by a paper jam alert, indicates a potential blockage or misalignment in the paper path. The inability of the top/lid feeder to pick up a sheet might be a sign of a defective paper sensor or a problem with the feeding mechanism.

Ask a Question