Where is Epson 3800 Battery?

I have to replace the CR2023 battery said to be on the main board. I have pulled off the cover and partially withdrawn the Main PCB but don't see the battery. Before I do further disassembly (the board resists further withdrawal otherwise) I'd like to know exactly where the battery is. The service manual has not proved helpful with this.

Any help appreciated.

Best wishes,
Klindar

I have to replace the CR2023 battery said to be on the main board. I have pulled off the cover and partially withdrawn the Main PCB but don't see the battery. Before I do further disassembly (the board resists further withdrawal otherwise) I'd like to know exactly where the battery is. The service manual has not proved helpful with this.

Any help appreciated.

Best wishes,
Klindar
No matter, I found it. It is on the extreme left side and to the back behind the cluster of plugged ribbon connectors, where it is practically impossible to reach.

Any help appreciated.

Best wishes,
Klindar
OK folks - here's step-by-step how to fix Maintenance Request 0088 (battery dead) for the Epson 3800. I am probably talking to myself as one of the few (?) remaining 3800 owners.

1 - Replace battery and obtain Adjustment program. You can find it at "2manuals.com" for $15. The battery is difficult to extract but a long pliers with a hook-nose can pop it without having actually to remove the Main board.

2 - Unzip the Adjustment program package in a suitable folder.

2 - With Task Manager, kill Super Anti-Spyware and Zemana or possibly other virus checkers. They may raise false positives.

5 - Turn on printer and ensure it is talking to Windows via the USB port. If you get a "communication error" try a different cable.

4 - Copy all contents of NVRAM folder to Adjustment Program folder (where adjwiz2.exe lives).

6 - In Adjustment Program folder, run adjwiz2.exe as Administrator.

7- NVRAM.EXE will be launched. Click thru and it will place a copy of the printer S/N in /NVRAM. You do not actuallynot need this step but it's an easier way to get the serial number than finding it on the printer itself.

8 - Choose Adjustment Mode "Individual"

9 - In the next panel choose "RTC & USBID"

10 - In the panel after that, paste the printer S/N into the indicated field and click "Write". You are done unless, in the next panel you want to check what was written to the printer.

What an ordeal this turned out to be.

Ask a Question