Wireless Samsung Won't Wake Up

Anyone having a problem with a Samsung printer that won't wake up from sleep mode when a print job is sent to it? I just discovered it on 2 brand new CLP-315W printers.

Hi,

Are you using DHCP or Static IP?

Make sure you have the latest driver installed and try setting the static IP in SyncThru (web-interface of the samsung printer) if you're using static IP.

And make sure you don't have any weird router settings also, you can also try to restart the print-spooler in Windows Administrator tools.

Guess this is an old thread, but I couldn't find any good answers out there myself. I eventually found a solution that worked for me. It turned out my wireless router was set to the old WPA, TKIP encryption, but was working ok with wireless clients that had a mixture of WPA and WPA2 setups. I had set the printer (a Samsung ML-2955DW) set up with WPA, but the WPA2 clients would not be able to connect to it, except for a brief period after being powered up.

The solution was to just switch the printer, and all the client settings, and the router over to the newer standard, WPA2 AES. After that, no more timeouts and everything is working fine.

Guess this is an old thread, but I couldn't find any good answers out there myself. I eventually found a solution that worked for me. It turned out my wireless router was set to the old WPA, TKIP encryption, but was working ok with wireless clients that had a mixture of WPA and WPA2 setups. I had set the printer (a Samsung ML-2955DW) set up with WPA, but the WPA2 clients would not be able to connect to it, except for a brief period after being powered up.

The solution was to just switch the printer, and all the client settings, and the router over to the newer standard, WPA2 AES. After that, no more timeouts and everything is working fine.

Thanks for the solution! It worked for me too. I have a CLP-325W and have been struggling with this wake up problem for a long time. Now it's fixed!:)

The problem for me is that everything works fine with my ML-2955DW until a network outage (say, the wireless signal drops for some reason, or I need to reboot the router etc.). The printer just doesn't reconnect afterwards, unless I restart it by hand. Very frustrating, and totally defeats the purpose of having a wireless printer in the first place. Anyone noticed that? I surely hope that this is not a "feature" ...

Tpm

Anyone having a problem with a Samsung printer that won't wake up from sleep mode when a print job is sent to it? I just discovered it on 2 brand new CLP-315W printers.
Yes I have a scx-3400 with this problem. I have tried wireless and wired without luck? I have to power cycle printer ussually sometimes calling the fax number wakes it up.

Ask a Question