WorkForce Pro WF-5690DWF Maintenance box life

Hi all. My first post on here so I hope you will bear with me if this is a daft question.

I have just purchsed the above printer and after printing only 69 sheets of A4 the maintenance box is showing nearly full. Is trhis normal or is the rapid filling due to set up? Will leaving the printer switched on 24/7 reduce the filling rate?

I welcome your sage advice.

I'm not an expert, but I have had an Epson Workforce wf-5620dwf printer for over 9 months, and have printed over 3000 sides of A4 (1200 of which were black and white, the rest colour), and my maintenance box is about 20% full.

Wow! I am reading the printer's icon right? The shaded area is moving up the scale and when it reaches the top I will have to change the box?

I guessed it was the other way around, ie when the shading reaches the bottom, it needs replacing, just like the icons for printer cartridges - though I can see how it would be more logical the other way around.

I can't seem to find anything to confirm for definite, but I think my assumption is probably correct because:

1. I've used many more pages than you, and my maintenance box shading level is nearer the bottom than yours.

2. Ebuyer.com and printerland.co.uk, who sell the maintenance boxes, say they have a duty cycle of 50,000 pages.

3. If "nearly full" means it needs replacing, I'd expect your printer to be giving you warnings that it will need replacing soon, like it does for ink cartridges.

I'm not an expert, all of this is supposition - so I could be wrong. Unfortunately the Epson instruction manual doesn't actually tell you how to read the icon, and doesn't specify clearly if it warns you when the box is nearly full, or if it merely tells you when it needs replacing. I'd expect or at least hope it would give warnings though, so you have time to purchase a new one before the printer stops working.

Perhaps Epson support can advise.

Thanks for your last reply Adrian, which is not showing on my replie list for some reason. Your interpretation of the icon makes more sense and I would expect a warning before the box finally gives up. I will await developments whilst the new box is on its way.

I have had a chat with Epson and they have confirmed that the white area expands as the box fills (which seems counter intuitve to me!) so it seems I do not need to replace it yet a while.

Ask a Question