X5495 Freezing During Printing

From Googling this problem, it seems to be a common occurrence.
My printer stalls sometimes about 20% of the way through printing an image, sometimes when it is nearly finished, never consistently in the same place. Larger images (i.e larger dimensions on a page) seem to be more likely to result in a stall. The problem isn't confined to one software application, and occurs with Microsoft Publisher, Paint Shop Pro and Lexmark Productivity Studio. I never have problems printing text documents in Word. To get things working again, I have to stop the spooler, delete files from the print spooler folder and restart the spooler before rebooting. Printing on plain paper, rather than glossy paper seems to be more successful (possibly because less data is transmitted).
I have received supported assist and installed the recommended latest drivers, but this didn't resolve the problem. At this stage I have reinstalled the software about 5 times.
I have tried all sorts of combinations in printer properties such as print directly to the printer, print after last page is spooled and changed the print processor data default type to RAW, LEMF, and NT EMF 1.008.

Another issue is that when I print a page in Word and NT EMF 1.008 is selected, another blank page is printed. Tools - Options - Print - Include with document - Document properties isn't checked (Lexmark solutions suggests unchecking this box). Changing to LEMF seemed to remedy this but didn't remedy the image stall problem.
Everytime I try to print, I waste lots of paper, ink and time... so it's very frustrating.
My OS is Vista, Lexmark Productivity Studio version is 0.1.55.1 and printer driver version is 1.0.3.3
I used the cjbx5495en.exe install from Lexmark's website. I have used the universal driver but this didn't solve the problem.

Ask a Question