Xerox?

I was just calling a printer repair place about a HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus that I had for a year here in my part time home business office, then it got a paper jam that broke the guide wire for the head, and that was it. It worked great, then became a boat anchor - the guy says they cant even get parts to fix them. I'll never buy another HP - this is the second experience like that, I've had, and it's always right past the warranty period.

Anyway, the guy was suggesting that I get a laser multifunction this time, and I mentioned that I had one - a Canon MFC3240, but the fumes from it were gradually making me short of breath and causing a cough, so I'd switched to inkjets. But he said that the newer ones had completely eliminated that problem, and recommended something like the Xerox 3210, being I said that I never used color and only needed a reliable work horse printer B&W and color scanner, no fax or anything.

But Xerox? I used to think they just made the big expensive high end stuff, but he says that one like this 3210 will probably last twice as long as these inkjets, which he says are usually good for 2 years, max. The price certainly seems right, on the 3210, but are there newer and better models of it? I see it as an ADF and I'm intrigued now. :)

Ask a Question