Year 2018 : Help beat epson chipped cartridges

I use epson 830 printer and I had lot of after market cartridges which worked beautifully. I was stupid enough to update the firmware on the printer and now all my after market cartridges stopped working.

I am sick of this bullshit of chipped cartridges. I am looking for a printer which is easy to refill and doesn't have chips on cartridges.

Also please let me know if there is any way to rollback a firmware update on the XP 830 Epson printer. I use a Mac don't have access to windows.

Or maybe I'll throw away this printer and buy something which doesn't have chips.

OK. I will throw away this printer. Please let me know of one company which is not a scumbag.
I believe that the chance of finding a printer manufacturer that isn't a scumbag is that of a snowball in hell.
Sorry, but all printer manufacturers do this to maximise profits, selling ink that's nearly as expensive as the printer.
What I do consider doing is a firmware rollback. It IS possible, but requires quite a bit of technical know-how and access to a) the ROM printer firmware flashing tool (in the printer) b) the means of getting the firmware TO the printer and c) the firmware in the first place.
Best bet is to do that.

Don't you think it's a bit of a shame to toss a perfectly good printer, even though greedy for Epson cartridges? Perhaps be a nice person and donate it to a charity, take it to a recycling center or even salvage it for parts!

Ask a Question