Brother MFC-L8900CDW Copies All Red Page/Background

Really weird thing happening when I make color copies with our new Brother printer/scanner/copier MFC-L8900. The first color copy is normal, but the subsequent ones print ALL RED. You can still see the text, but the whole background of the page is red. Black and white copies seem fine so far. I have only tried color copies with checks, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I'll have to experiment.

There's nothing online about this issue; at least, it's really hard to search for this particular issue without coming up with unrelated issues. Possibly a problem with how the page is being read on the scanner glass? I wouldn't thing it's the ink, it's all still what came from the factory... Any clues would be appreciated.

I'm posting a picture of the red page, minus redactions.

Attachments

• weird color copy.pdf
    929.8 KB · Views: 4
That is bizarre. I would say it has something to do with the light hitting the document as it's scanning. What happens with black and white copies?

Ask a Question